Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finding a job, discovering snow

Finally, after six months of looking, (rather, two months of catching breath one month of holidays and then three months of dedicated looking) I have found work.  It's decent work, in the arena of the profession that seems to have chosen me.  That is, I never sat as a small child and pondered... "I really want to work with addicts when I grow up...", but it is a satisfying and fulfilling career choice.  My new position will give me a small income, the potential for advancement, and the opportunity to further my studies.  What more could I want?  Besides health insurance, of course.  But that will come in time, and I am focusing on waiting.  I can't really focus on patience because that is contrary to my basic personality, but I am learning about waiting.  Waiting for work, waiting for spring, waiting for answers....

Last night was a celebration.  Very fine dining with my delightful sisters and my lovable brother in law.  Two cocktails.  You would think that a grown woman with considerable experience would be able to have two celebratory cocktails, maintain my dignity, be relaxed but not ridiculous, etc.  Nope.  Not this grown woman.  Two cocktails is clearly one and one half cocktail over my limit!  I got giddy and silly and I'm sure I said things on the way home that I will live to regret!  The sister has the memory of an elephant when it comes to dumb remarks!!!

However, today I am up before her, and there is a skiff of new snow under a brilliantly blue spring sky, the snow is melting already and I am gainfully employed.  Life can be so blessed.  Too bad I have a throbbing headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment